Frequently asked questions
Many protective measurements to contain a possible infection with Covid-19 are known. Procedures such as keeping distance and washing hands regularly are already part of our everyday routine. Of course, more questions arise as we go along – hence we have summarized these for you. If your question is unanswered, the Seefels team will be happy to answer them for you.
01. Are there any special measures at the reception?
Our ladies and gentlemen are looking forward to welcoming you to the most atmospheric address on lake Wörthersee soon. For your additional protection the check-in and check-out area has been equipped with plexiglass panels. All our employees wear face shields.
02. Where can I find a disinfection dispenser in the hotel?
Throughout the hotel, there numerous disinfection dispensers available - for guests and employees. These can be found in the lobby area, at the entrance to the main restaurant Orangerie and in the Porto Bello lake restaurant, as well as at the Spa reception and behind the scenes. Please wash your hands regularly with soap and disinfect your hands before entering the public area. A small bottle of hand sanitiser is placed on your coffee table in your room.
03. What measures are taken in the rooms?
The Hotel Schloss Seefels provides already a high level of hygiene. The daily room cleaning was adapted to the current situation and is carried out on the basis of the current hygiene guidelines of the Austrian Hotel Association.
04. How will it be in the restaurant?
Our service team will continue to spoil you with the usual high quality. With one difference - your enjoyment by the lake becomes even more luxurious. You order your Schloss breakfast à la carte - all breakfast specialties are prepared freshly and served with the utmost care. In the evening, celebrate your gourmet dinner with a lake view and choose from 5 delicious courses. Face-shields are worn by our staff. We also ask you to wear a mouth-nose-protection when entering and leaving the restaurant.
05. Do I have to keep a minimum distance?
We kindly ask you to keep the recommended minimum distance of 1 meter and please refrain from body contact such as shaking hands and hugging.
06. Do I also have to wear the mouth and nose protection in the hotel?
Mouth-nose-protection is currently in trend and the accessory of the season – please do wear it in the hotel, restaurants, in the Schlossbar, LifeStyleZentrum and when using our indoor spa facilities in the rock and lake spa.
This does not apply to children up to the age of 6 or to people who cannot be expected to do so for health reasons (a medical certificate is required).
07. Is there a cleaning and disinfection plan?
The HACCP standards are checked in all departments. In addition, a cleaning and disinfection plan was drawn up in all areas - the basis for this is the current hygiene guidelines of the Austrian Hotel Association.
08. What are the regulations for Seefels employees?
All Seefels employees are instructed on hygiene behaviour and the hygiene emergency plan. All employees are advised not to come to work, if they feel unwell. All employees wear face shields or a mouth-nose-protection.
Furthermore, all employees are tested weekly for the new Corona virus as part of the Austria-wide project.
09. Can I use the wellness area & beach?
Great attention has always been paid to hygiene in the spa area. For safe relaxation, our treatment rooms are disinfected after each treatment. All wellness facilities at regular intervals. Our staff will be happy to inform you about this at any time.
On the recommendation of the Federal Ministry of Health, the minimum distance of 1 meter from person to person is also essential in the spa area and on the beach. Wearing mouth-nose-protection indoors e.g. at the spa reception, in the changing areas and in the sanitary facilities is compulsory. In addition, access restrictions according to certain assessment criteria are in place. We urge you, for your own safety, to follow to the access restrictions below. These access restrictions do not apply to people living in the same household.
- Headed lake pool, max. 4 people
- Panorama outdoor whirlpool, max. 2 persons
- Outdoor swimming pool, max. 6 persons
- Children's indoor pool, max. 4 people
- Maintain a distance of 1 meter, especially around the edges of the pool
- Finnish sauna max. 1 person
- Women's sauna max. 1 person
- Sea sauna max. 1 person
- Herbal steam bath max. 1 person
- Steam bath max. 1 person
- Salt infrared room max. 2 persons
- Infusions should be avoided, to avoid additionally spread liquids and breathing aerosols.
SWIMMING IN LAKE WÖRTHERSEE
When swimming in the refreshing lake Wörthersee, a minimum distance of 3 to 4 meters between swimmers is recommended. We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that there is a minimum distance of 1.5 meters when using the steps.
10. Where is the nearest hospital?
11. Where is the nearest pharmacy located?
St. Anna pharmacy in Pörtschach, 5 minutes by car (1.6 km)
Tel. +43 4272 2214
12. Is there a doctor nearby?
13. Do you suspect that you have the corona virus and are already a guest in the hotel?
Common signs of infection with the new corona virus include fever, cough, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. If such complaints occur, we ask you and your family members not to leave the room. Contact our reception immediately on extension 612.
14. I don't want an evening turndown service. Is that possible?
We would be happy to fulfil your request. Please let us know upon arrival if you would like to waive this service on vacation.
15. Magazines in the room and daily newspapers at the reception
For hygienic reasons, we do not display the usual selection of magazines and daily newspapers. You can get these at the reception upon request. Please dispose all magazine and newspapers in the trash after reading it.
16. Opening times of the restaurants
Our restaurants and our Schlossbar are open for you as follows. You must wear a mouth-nose-protection when entering and leaving the restaurants and the Schlossbar.
- Schloss breakfast from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Sundays till 12 noon | Gourmet dinner as part of half-board from 6.30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
GOURMET RESTAURANT LA TERRASSE
- Daily from 6.30 p.m. to 11 p.m. (kitchen until 9 p.m.)
LAKE RESTAURANT PORTO BELLO
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (kitchen from 12 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.)
- Open every day from 5.30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Legal curfew for all areas: 1 a.m.
17. Do I have to reserve a table in advance?
A table reservation is recommended. When entering and leaving the restaurant a mouth-nose-protection must be worn. Please keep the minimum distance of 1 meter and please wait until an employee accompanies you to the table. If you feel unwell, we ask that you cancel your enjoyment time by the lake.
18. What are the current cancellation terms and conditions?
In general a cancellation up to 30 days prior to arrival is possible for free. Up to 14 days prior to arrival, we charge 50% of the total arranged price. Up to 3 days prior to arrival, we charge 70% of the total arranged price. Less than 3 days prior to arrival, we charge 90% of the total arranged price.
Although we always act according to the recommendations and restrictions of the federal government. Should there be another closing of the borders or a lockdown, which makes it inevitable to close the hotel, you can cancel or rebook your reservation at short notice without any fees. We also reserve the right to cancel your booking at short notice, should the general situation require to do so.
19. 5 rules that we should all always follow:
- Keep at least 1 meter distance
- Avoid shaking hands when greeting people
- Wear mouth-nose protection in the hotel, restaurants, in the Schlossbar, LifeStyleZentrum and when using the indoor spa facilities in the rock and lake spa
- Wash hands several times a day
- Sneeze or cough in the crook of the arm or in a handkerchief
We appeal to the personal responsibility of our guests and state that despite a good hygiene standard, a residual risk of a possible infection still remains. We also reserve the right to adapt the measures in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Government and to update them continuously. As of September 17th, 2020