Live up to the demands of today and the wishes of our guests
Regional products from organic farmers, gardeners and fishermen are the focus of the modern Austrian cuisine of chef Richard Hessl. A short supply chain and working with local producers is our approach. 80% of the products come from a radius of 70 km. This not only strengthens the economy in Carinthia, but also makes a contribution to safe local farms and their generations.
In summer the most beautiful lake terrace in Austria. Elegant, light and airy. In the cooler season, an elegant interior in the Wörthersee colors turquoise, green and gold. The restaurant La Terrasse in the Hotel Schloss Seefels offers gourmets the highest quality accompanied by impressive continuity.
Top address for gourmets
Since 2001, restaurant guide Gault Millau has awarded Seefels cuisine, at present with 3 toques. Falstaff awarded the one-of-a-kind taste of the regional and seasonal dishes with 3 forks, A la Carte has given it 3 stars and Slow Food Carinthia 4 out of 5 snails. The cuisine is unique thanks to a touch of Asian influence, which the creator of all the palate-pleasers adds to select dishes.
The restaurant La Terrasse is open daily.
- À-la-carte Schloss breakfast from 7am to 11am
- Lunchtime from 12pm to 2pm
- Dinner from 6.30pm to 9.30 pm
4 course evening menu € 55
6 course gourmet menu € 115
Modern Austrian cuisine À-la-carte
A well-researched journey through the world of wine with 330 fine wines from Carinthia, Austria, Italy and France.
Plan a party
Special occasions such as birthdays, christenings and confirmations deserve an extraordinary location.
- 150 seats in the restaurant
- 55 seats on the lake terrace
- Non-smoking restaurant
- Dogs not allowed
"My family started taking me here in the 1960s. Have visited numerous times but only between June and September [high season] but never a zoo of tourists. Five star service, cuisine and old fashioned Austrian Gemuetlichkeit. Romantic, quiet and lots of water sports and hiking around the Alps. Visiting for sure in September when things quiet down."DoubleDee2020, March 2019 • Tripadvisor
Why dine at La Terrasse?
- Fine, elegant dining
- One of the most beautiful lake terraces on lake Wörthersee
- Head chef Richard Hessl and his more than 13 years of consistent high quality
- Regional and seasonal highlights with Asian influences
- Creative amuse bouche compositions
- 4-course daily menu, from € 55
- 330 fine wines
- Competent wine advice from the 3 sommeliers Johannes Doujak, René Hofmann and Claudia Mak
- Attentive, discrete service
- Stylish atmosphere without background music