Fine dining in the gourmet restaurant La Terrasse on lake Wörthersee.
In summer, it is one of the most beautiful lake terraces in Austria. Sophisticated, light, and airy. In winter, an elegant interior reflecting the lake Wörthersee colours of turquoise, green, and gold. The gourmet restaurant La Terrasse in Hotel Schloss Seefels offers fine dining year-round of the highest quality.
Since 2001, restaurant guide Gault Millau has awarded Seefels cuisine, and since Richard Hessl took over kitchen management, the cuisine has almost continuously been awarded with 2 toques. Falstaff awarded the one-of-a-kind taste of the regional and seasonal dishes with 3 forks and A la Carte has given it 3 stars. The cuisine is unique thanks to a touch of Asian influence, which the creator of all the palate-pleasers adds to select dishes.
"Not the first time we've stayed at this grand lakeside hotel, and it won't be the last. After a long 3 day motorcycle ride from the UK it felt familiar and comfortable to be back at the Seefels. If anything the staff have upped their game to even better service levels, the food is superb, breakfast a treat and in the glamorous bar the chief bar-tender is a true delight. Room was sparkling clean and the location is truly stunning. Reception staff back up smiles with Austrian efficiency. Can't fault it."John, September 2019 • Tripadvisor
Why dine at La Terrasse?
- Fine, elegant dining
- One of the most beautiful lake terraces on lake Wörthersee
- Head chef Richard Hessl and his 13 years of consistent high quality
- Regional and seasonal highlights with Asian influences
- Creative amuse bouche compositions
- 4-course gourmet menu, from € 74
- 330 fine wines
- Competent wine advice from the 4 sommeliers Johannes Doujak, René Hofmann, Claudia Mak and Robert Prüggler
- Attentive, discrete service
- Stylish atmosphere without background music