Fine dining in the gourmet restaurant La Terrasse on lake Wörthersee.
In summer, it is one of the most beautiful lake terraces in Austria. Sophisticated, light, and airy. In winter, an elegant interior reflecting the lake Wörthersee colours of turquoise, green, and gold. The gourmet restaurant La Terrasse in Hotel Schloss Seefels offers fine dining year-round of the highest quality.
Since 2001, restaurant guide Gault Millau has awarded Seefels cuisine, and since Richard Hessl took over kitchen management, the cuisine has almost continuously been awarded with 2 toques. Falstaff awarded the one-of-a-kind taste of the regional and seasonal dishes with 3 forks, A la Carte has given it 3 stars and Slow Food Carinthia 4 out of 5 snails. The cuisine is unique thanks to a touch of Asian influence, which the creator of all the palate-pleasers adds to select dishes.
The award-winning restaurant La Terrasse is open daily from 6.30pm to 11pm (kitchen open from 6.30pm to 9pm).
Trends come and go. Chef Richard Hessl and Maître d’hôtel Johannes Doujak stay true to their values. And that with quality and continuity.
A well-researched journey through the world of wine with 330 fine wines from Carinthia, Austria, Italy and France.
Plan a party
Special occasions such as birthdays, christenings and confirmations deserve an extraordinary location.
- 40 seats in the restaurant
- 55 seats on the lake terrace
- Non-smoking restaurant
- Dogs not allowed
"We had just one night after a cracking wedding nearby in Seefels. The staff were fantastic and the room we had was perfect. The whole place is perfect - especially the breakfast balcony overlooking the lake and the boat bar/restaurant on the lake."CousinD_13, June 2018 • TripAdvisor
Why dine at La Terrasse?
- Fine, elegant dining
- One of the most beautiful lake terraces on lake Wörthersee
- Head chef Richard Hessl and his more than 13 years of consistent high quality
- Regional and seasonal highlights with Asian influences
- Creative amuse bouche compositions
- 4-course gourmet menu, from € 80
- 330 fine wines
- Competent wine advice from the 3 sommeliers Johannes Doujak, René Hofmann and Claudia Mak
- Attentive, discrete service
- Stylish atmosphere without background music